+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 10
- 21-10-2006, 03:14 PM #1
Late crop french beans.
I fond a stray packet of french beans in Aug so planted then in a tray & took a chance. Almost every seed germinated so I planted the out on the lottie at the end of Aug much to the interest of other plot holders some thought I must be nuts.
I have has 2 small pickings & today I got 2lbs!! not bad for a newbie.Lets teach kids to cook.
- 21-10-2006, 03:29 PM #2
Wow. Well done indeed! Delicious too. I'm hoping to squeeze a few more out of mine before dragging them down.
- 21-10-2006, 04:08 PM #3
If you have a heated greenhouse you can grow them 1 to a 7" or 8" pot feed them with tom feed & they give you a crop. I grow The Prince like this & they worked really well this year - in fact it was the best success I'd had with the damn thingsntgNever be afraid to try something new.
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
A large group of professionals built the Titanic
- 21-10-2006, 08:15 PM #4
Well done KG. Hope you enjoyed them.Bright Blessings
If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.
- 21-10-2006, 09:42 PM #5
Well done, is'nt it great when something works out unexpectedly well. Hope you enjoy them.
- 22-10-2006, 09:30 AM #6Sprouter
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
I am always amazed when something turns out,i dont expect it too but you really feel you get something back. Just goes to show you don't always need to follow the rules!!
- 22-10-2006, 11:07 AM #7
I only have a cold greenhouse, I do use it to start some early crops. I had a few purple beans but they went green when I blanched them, is there any point in paying the extra for them if they go green anyway??Lets teach kids to cook.
- 22-10-2006, 02:11 PM #8God Bless
- By northmaid in forum New ShootsReplies: 6Last Post: 26-10-2009, 10:59 PM
- By julesapple in forum Vegging OutReplies: 9Last Post: 22-06-2009, 09:34 AM
- By Mr Griff in forum Allotment AdviceReplies: 6Last Post: 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM
- By drf in forum Vegging OutReplies: 3Last Post: 13-08-2007, 07:06 PM
- By Shortie in forum Vegging OutReplies: 10Last Post: 10-05-2006, 10:37 PM