+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 11
Thread: Hot and spicy radishes
- 30-05-2009, 11:05 PM #1
Hot and spicy radishes
Does anyone have a recommendation for a radish variety which is reliably hot and spicy?
I miss radishes from my childhood which were properly hot unlike today's supermarket versions which are little more than crunchy water.
- 31-05-2009, 08:11 AM #2
Yes, Lidl did one ... Ostergruss, it was long and really hot, a proper radish taste. Better than French Breakfast et al.
or buy online:
Last edited by Two_Sheds; 01-06-2009 at 07:34 AM.
- 31-05-2009, 04:56 PM #3
could try french breakfast raddish, they are more torpedo than round shaped. i have only grown this sort so im sure others will come up with something more to your taste.a good put down line to use !
If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.
- 31-05-2009, 09:50 PM #4
I find that most home grown ones have a spicier taste supermarket ones which just taste of water to me.
Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.
Which one are you and is it how you want to be?
- 31-05-2009, 10:39 PM #5
I've found that Long White Icicle (which are long and white as you might imagine) also blow yer gob off.Hazel at the Hill blog - update - Sunday 26/10/2015 - And then it was Autumn!
- 01-06-2009, 07:34 AM #6
- 01-06-2009, 08:32 AM #7Hazel at the Hill blog - update - Sunday 26/10/2015 - And then it was Autumn!
- 07-06-2009, 03:16 PM #8
Thanks to all replies, I'll give the French breakfast a try, I'm also going to grow some 'Black Spanish Round' which is apparently very tasty, at least according to Google
Interesting to see the 'crunchy water' analogy struck a chord
- By Snadger in forum Season to TasteReplies: 9Last Post: 05-10-2008, 10:36 PM
- By Winged one in forum Season to TasteReplies: 2Last Post: 28-08-2008, 06:18 AM
- By janeyo in forum General chitchatReplies: 1Last Post: 27-05-2008, 08:11 AM
- By janeyo in forum General chitchatReplies: 1Last Post: 27-05-2008, 12:05 AM
- By Polly Fouracre in forum Season to TasteReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2008, 04:57 PM