How's your Aubergines?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's your Aubergines?

I always grow aubergines in the greenhouse as we use a fair few and they are a great looking veg when they grow.

I know some people struggle with them but i have always had good success.

This year has been amazing I have about 10 plants and all have around 2/3 large aubergines.

I have grown Bonica, Long Purple and Black Beauty.

How has everyone else done with them and any interesting varieties tried?
    Attached Files

They are looking good.
    I always have a great success with moneymaker. They've done very well this year.

Comment

I was just about to make a thread on this. In short, badly. Kinda.

Planted out two plants. One had its leaves eaten and it died. The other one has been growing slowly and steadily. It only started flowering about a month ago and there's no fruit yet. I don't think there's time left. Plus it is outdoors under an insect net in a raised bed.

Comment

I've only ever grown mine in the greenhouse. This year they have been in the most sun exposed side. Perhaps a reason for them thriving.

Comment

I have 2 plants - 1 bonica and 1 jewel jade both bought from a mixed pack of seeds from Lidl.

The bonica has produced 2 nice aubergines but one at a time.

The jewel jade has produced loads and loads all at the same time and I took some of them off but I think there are still too many as they are all a lot smaller than you would expect of an aubergine. About the size of a duck or goose egg and smallest are about the size of an acorn.

The bees have absolutely loved the flowers so pollination hasn't been a problem. In previous years I attempted listada de gandia and the flowers just rotted.
          Last edited by HoneyChild; 03-09-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X