Just a Pinch!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Pinch!

Another nutty idea aimed at those who want to grow a few, fast growing veg in pots all year round, and to have something to pick every day of the year.

As some of you know, I follow a 4 week sowing plan of Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves.
    The new idea is to sow a pinch of the same seeds every 4 weeks in pots and trays throughout the year - succession sowing in a pot.

For example.
    Week 1 - Roots = a pinch of carrots, beetroot and radish ( 2 buckets and a shallow pot)

Week 2 - Shoots (and things with funny names) = a pinch of spring onions and some Chinese veg (couple of pots)

Week 3 - Fruits = a handful of peas for shoots or to grow on for pods ( deep tray or pot)

Week 4 - Leaves = a pinch of mixed salad leaves/mesclun to cut and come again & rocket or spinach or chard or kale for leaves. (trays or pots).

Its Roots week, this week, so tomorrow, I'll sow Week 1 seeds - in future, I'll sow on Mondays.

If you want to join me in another of my bonkers plans, you can choose to sow whenever you like, of course.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 20-08-2018, 05:21 PM.

If I had a big enough garden I'd join you, seems a sensible idea(can I say that without you getting offended?)
    Rob

Comment

Bonkers.....

Comment

Originally posted by robbra View Post
        If I had a big enough garden I'd join you, seems a sensible idea(can I say that without you getting offended?)
        Rob
        Ah, but, you don't need a big garden - its all in a few pots and trays and quick turnover.

Scarlet's right, as ever, but it doesn't stop me.

Comment

I usually have a 3 week plan which goes as follows:

Week 1: Wonder if it's too early, sow some seeds anyway. Hope for the best

Week 2: Completely forget if I did sow the seeds. Some some more anyway. Realise I've double sown 2 different things in the same spot.

Week 3: spend the entire summer in disarray as I hopefully await seedlings and realise I never did get round to sowing that beetroot like I aimed to. Water aimless in bare ground gently nurturing what turns out to be a weed and then wonder why it all went wrong

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Ah, but, you don't need a big garden - its all in a few pots and trays and quick turnover.

Scarlet's right, as ever, but it doesn't stop me.
            I can't move around my garden already for the pots with tomatoes and french beans in. Also two motorbikes and rotary washing line.
            Isn't gardening fun!
            Rob

Comment

It's a nice idea but I too follow paul's plan.

Comment

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X