Dud seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dud seeds

Does anyone know where I can contact in T&M regarding low germination rates? I bought two packets of Mountain Magic F1 tomato seeds from Wyevale last year but have thrown away the receipt. I also threw away the first empty packet, so don't have proof. I've had 2/6 germination for the seeds. Normally don't bother with this kind of thing, but they were F1 and were only 6 seeds per packet.
    http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

I just found this off the tinternet....
    https://www.thompson-morgan.com/contact-us
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Its always disappointing when they don't germinate. Especially F1's

I've myself to blame (I think) for cooking the seeds in the porch last year.

Marigolds just latest of a line of 10 ish seeds not to germinate..

Almost to point of surprise if something pops head up. Not that disappointed, really just clearing out seed box for fresh start next year..

Best Luck.

Let us know how you get on... Hear some send replacement packs and a wee bonus

Comment

Good luck with T&M. If you're on Facebook you can post about this publicly.

Comment

Thanks, VC. Do you mean that they aren't very good with communication?

I spoke to a friend about this and she seems to think they've changed in terms of seed quality in past few years.

Comment

Shall we say, I don't buy from them now unless its end of season 50p seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by WeeGarden View Post
              Thanks, VC. Do you mean that they aren't very good with communication?

I spoke to a friend about this and she seems to think they've changed in terms of seed quality in past few years.
              Hmmm. No, but they are under new ownership, and I think they are revamping the business back to seeds as the main core of the business.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Shall we say, I don't buy from them now unless its end of season 50p seeds.
                Very diplomatic VC I won't even give them 50p
                To be fair they're not the only ones.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                  Hmmm. No, but they are under new ownership, and I think they are revamping the business back to seeds as the main core of the business.
                  Thompson & Morgan parent company Branded Garden Products has been acquired by The BVG Group. Found that info on the Horticultural Week website dated 8th March 2017.

I bought some T&M carrot seed on fleabay last year and had the worst ever germination with carrots ever. Of course it maybe wasn't T&M seed at all

Comment

I tend to use Suttons, Dobbies and the free ones from the magazine, germination is fine except for chillies and peppers and that might just be me doing it wrong.

Comment

As you know, I have a lot of seeds and I'm trying to declutter them by sowing the oldest. Its noticeable that the only ones without Packed in/sow by dates are T&Ms. Not all their seeds, but most of them.
                      The only dates on them are the ones I write when I buy them.
                      Can't help wondering why they don't put dates on their seeds.

Comment

I had terrible trouble with plants last year, raspberry and strawberries. Took a rant on Twitter before I got a refund. They kept fobbing me off on their support phone number. This was April last year and was circa £40 worth so worth the fight it took.

I’d not recommend them for anything, no one on our allotment has a good thing to say about them.

Fortunately people took pity on me and got some strawberry runner, black currants and spare raspberry canes from my well established allotment neighbours so it turned out okay in the end.

Comment

I get my seeds from premier seeds of E bay they have a good germination and not had a problem with them.
                          Carrie

Comment

Thanks all! Will stay clear of them then!

Comment

Frankly I’ve found Wilko seeds as good as the brands for germination and well priced (read cheap which is a bonus when just starting out).

More limited on varieties but unless you are looking for heritage varieties then have okay choice and some F1’s.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X