Welsh Onions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Onions

I have just collect a very large pot of Welsh Onios from a lovely lady with a beautiful veggie plot but have no idea what to do with them now.

So fire away you lovely lot and tell me what I should and should not be doing with them.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Treat them like a cross between spring onions and chives. Plant them in small clumps. You can either snip the tops off, like chives, or pull individual onions and let the rest grow on.

Comment

Ta my little Welsh Chicken but..............do they separating regularly and can I just pull an onion as and when.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

They're bunching onions.They don't need splitting regularly but if you need more clumps, you split them and replant. You can pull just one. I treat mine like chives and cut the tops off, leaving the root bit to regrow.
        PS They're not from Wales

Comment

I use mine like chives too. They have been in the same spot for 3 years so last week I split the, by now rather big, bunch into 6 and replanted where my carrots are going to be this year.
          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
          If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Oh i have not heard of them before. Sound yummy
            I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lisasbolt View Post
              Oh i have not heard of them before. Sound yummy
              They are nice Lisa. More like onion tops in how they look but grow in clumps like chives
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X