Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lime tree advice

Hi there,

Just after your thoughts on my Tahiti lime - as you can see, the centre portion has died back ( I believe from frost damage last winter when I took my eye off the ball) but it is shooting from further down. I can't quite tell if they are from above or below the graft, though I believe the majority are from below. I am assuming that this is probably curtains .... as the only top growth left is pretty pathetic and spindly, and the growth from below is either a) water shoot or b) below the graft.

Any thoughts before I hunt for another one?

Attached Files

I donīt see why it wouldn't be fine.
    Lemon and orange trees over here are often cut low down to create a more bush type of a tree.
    Permit this winter, it might take some time. Let it loose its leaves and see what spring holds. (do they loose their leaves in the UK?) They don't really here.
    I have three lime trees and we have some awful winds last winter and they had only been planted a month or 2. All the leaves fell off and the trees looked dead. But by spring time they bounced back are sprouted new leaves.
    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Thoughts:
      Bigger pot, sort of half as wide again at the top then the present one.
      Cannot give an exact idea of a mix but "hevier" then MPC.
      Get it inside as it is getting too cold for them now.
      This will make it throw off a lot of it's leaves, this causes people to panic.

Not even sure if mine is grafted, suppose it must be.

Give it an initial good watering, possibly add a vine weevil killer. Amazing how better they grow after an application of that twice.

Mine grows, or grew, a bit odd.
      It looked close to DEAD, after the repot it eventually threw out 2 long branches which had small leaves on them, then later it produced shorter branches with normal sized leaves and the long short leaved ones have died back recently.

I left it indoors the whole of this year and it seems happy with its location. They seem to not really like being moved, possibly temperature and sunlight changes occuring. What is "warm" to us is "cold" to them. Their natural location is 25-30C and 100% humidity. Our day/night and temperature changes are not normal to them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X