Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes

I've sowed a few tomato seeds and Im wondering does the plant itself only last the year? or does the fruit get picked and it grows back next year?

Thanks guys
    Jen x
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

The cold / frost will kill it in the late autumn if it's outside or in a greenhouse / polytunnel.

Not heard of anyone bringing tomato plants indoors to over-winter, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.
    Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Have you sown them already Jen? They can't go outside until the last of the frosts and will get large fairly quickly , leggy from lack of light indoors. I hope you've got plenty of room! I always so a couple of early ones in late February but most of mine are sown in March or early April.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Yeah I know they are not meant to be started off till feb but thought Id have a bash see what happens. Ive started 24 but if all come through or more than 12 Im gonna give some to my friends who have become interested in growing their own after I popped some of my veg on my fb page last year.

Ive got a really long hall with a big window in that doesn't get used for anything so I thought Id just pop them in there till I can put them outside, do you recon they would need hardening off when it is time for them to go out??
        If you want to view paradise
        Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Jen any plants that are raised indoors need a good week to 10 days hardening off, until they can be left outdoors permanently.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X