What next with french beans?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next with french beans?!

I had sowed some french beans (climbing variety) with my son and then after advice on here, potted them on rather than putting them in the rasied bed.

They are now HUGE! some are over a foot and looking for something to climb on. We are forcast some pretty grotty weather this weekend so not sure what to do with them... should I start hardening them when this weather passes???

I have some fleece I could cover them with.

Many thanks!

C

Do you have any stakes or sticks?

If I need to wait (a week or so, say) and my climbing things are going rampant, I give them something to attach onto. You can just plant it out with the stick when the weather allows, within reason.

I've done it today with some indoor cucumbers because I haven't got room to put the growbag down in the greenhouse.

French beans are quite tender and it would be better if you can wait until the cold spell passes - ideally.

Comment

Agree with Cutecumber. If you can't get them outside then give them a little something to start climbing. However, I would put them outside in their pots or trays for at least a few hours a day if it's not too windy.

Comment

Thanks you!

I will give them something to climb up till I can start sticking them out for a few hours at a time.

Didn't want to kill them!

C

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X