Runner Beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runner Beans

I set my runner beans in pots about 2 weeks ago. Currently they are about 8 inches high but have only just spread their seed leaves. Are they supposed to be this leggy ?

They dont look weak and are all growing really well, in fact very very fast, I just wonder why the stems on most of them are about 5-6 inches long.

They are not starved of light or heat, they're in a plastic greenhouse on the top level, the same place I've started all my seeds.

Thanks...

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Mine always start like that

Comment

sounds like mine too !!!!!!
      lucky that
      this will be a battle from the heart
      cymru am byth

Comment

Good then I guess

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Comment

i planted 40 odd on the 5th May,Ive only had one come through though.bout 2in high. Is this bad news??

Comment

Sebbster
            Your beans sound fine to me.
            Stacey - if you feel inclined, have a gentle root around in the soil / compost and see what is happening - if they have germinated but not shown, you may have them too deep, or they may have rotted if too deep and wet - have a look and let us know what you find and we may be able to assist further. Hope they are alright though.
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X