Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberries

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting some blueberry plants and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on which would be the best to plant? I'm looking for a high yielding plant if possible, with fairly sweet berries also.
    Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for growing them too. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

Blueberries required ericaeous compost to do well.

I have two plants in large pots a Blue Pearl and an Ozark. They are only in their second year so not producing to full potential yet.

Potty
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Hello Alan and welcome. Have a read of this thread - some of the different varieties are mentioned
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ies_66886.html

Comment

when your digging the hole make sure you mix in some sulphur chips or powder with the soil the like a ph of about 5
        My Wifes Blog

Comment

I grow mine in pots with ericaeous compost, you can plant in the ground but it needs to be acidic so you may need to add something. Also planting more than one variety is supposed to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Appsy View Post
            tips for growing them too.
            Yeah, don't leave them shut inside the school for the whole of the summer hols

All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Forgot to say, when you get fruit cover them. I went on holiday last year, with a promising quantity of berries, got back and everyone gone. Building a mini fruit cage this year.

Comment

Check this PDF on blueberries
                http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xm...7/ec1308-e.pdf

Starting from page 4 is the list of cultivars description of tatste and their yields.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. I will use all of these tips and have a look on the recommended threads. Thanks again
                  Alan

Comment

I have one blueberry bush, it just grows in the ground, I don't know if the soil is acidic. I never feed it but it is thriving, it's been there for about 15 years or so. And I was delighted to see flowers on it yesterday. In fact I was so pleased I had to get my camera. I love the flowers and bees love them too.

[IMG][/IMG]
                    The best things in life are not things.

Comment

have you tried the new pink blue berry, i have just ordered one.
                      Rita

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X