Half price soft fruit and figs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half price soft fruit and figs

The Garden Centre Group are selling soft fruit bushes, Brown Turkey figs, rhubarb, Goji and Honeyberries for half price, as well as lots of flowering shrubs. More info here The Garden Centre Group

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    The Garden Centre Group are selling soft fruit bushes, Brown Turkey figs, rhubarb, Goji and Honeyberries for half price, as well as lots of flowering shrubs. More info here The Garden Centre Group
    Ooh I am off - thanks VC!
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
      Ooh I am off - thanks VC!
      Don't spend too much

Comment

Oh while you're on the subject - Goji berries.....I got some dried ones and they taste, well bland with just a mmm aftertaste. Are they nicer fresh? They are supposed to be so good for you I was going to buy a plant, but not so sure after the dried ones.
        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Don't spend too much
          Ha ha ha! Mr VVG is painting and I need to have a bit of fun. Need another honey berry as I have only the one - I may get two. I tend to plant in multiples of three.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Make hay while Mr VVG paints! I have just one honeyberry too, maybe the time has come..........

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
              Oh while you're on the subject - Goji berries.....I got some dried ones and they taste, well bland with just a mmm aftertaste. Are they nicer fresh? They are supposed to be so good for you I was going to buy a plant, but not so sure after the dried ones.
              Have a look at these, Ali
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ike_66337.html
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ush_65591.html

Comment

Thanks VC - think I read one of them before I got the dried berries. Not sure I want to be bothered now since they don't seem to be very tasty. I figure a packet of dried ones will last me a long time, and I'd rather grow something tastier.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I am doing a boot fair opposite my local garden centre tomorrow, I may have to go over "Just to use the loo"
                  By the way What's a "Honeyberry" taste like.
                  Last edited by Lawrence; 30-06-2012, 05:42 PM. Reason: Posted before I finished writing!

Comment

No idea, Lawrence, but its a sort of blueberry. Mine has a way to go before it fruits.

Comment

"No idea, Lawrence, but its a sort of blueberry. Mine has a way to go before it fruits."|

I never did get to go in!
                      It started to rain, so we packed up and went home.
                      I have tried several blueberry varieties but I am not impressed.
                      It might be too many hot curries, but they seem to be tastless to me. I was hoping for a full flavoured alternative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X