Just found this rhubarb site

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just found this rhubarb site

Mines churning stems out full steam ahead now, so I was wondering what I could do with it... came across this site: http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/recipes

Didn't know you could make bread, muffins, soup etc out of it? I don't see why not, as it is a vegetable after all... I guess it's so commonly known as a crumble filling - I like things slightly different though, so will be trying a few out and reporting back! [site uses bloomin cups mind, grr - no good for metric peeps like moi ]

in the Red Nose Day recipie booklet theres a Rhubarb & Ginger cake which i'm waiting for enough rhubarb to do & in this months Good Food there's rhubarb muffins
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

My favourite rhubarb recipe is on Flumms blog :-

Vegetable Heaven: Jam session

its a Rhubarb and orange jelly and just now I've got some straining in my jelly bag
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

jelly as in jam, or jelly as in what they americans call jello? aka jelly + ice cream!

Comment

Chris its jam but you strain out all the bits so you end up with a pretty looking clear jelly, click the link and have a read.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I did but straining overnight etc seems a lot of effort!!!

Comment

You can put it in curries & things like that, that's how I'm using up the last bit of last year's.
              http://www.keithsallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Jeanied & I made Fig and Rhubarb jam. Sooo yummy. I'll have to write the recipe out for you chris. xx
                I've found this one that's something like mine, but I don't put lemon juice in it.

Rhubarb and fig jam recipe | Recipes - Times Online
                Last edited by ginger ninger; 13-04-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Chrismarks-2 cups of liquid= 1 pint
                  4 cups flour= 1 lb
                  2 cups sugar = 1 lb
                  2 cups butter =1 lb
                  I am actually reading an American cookery book at the same time as looking on the forum! (It doesn't mention rhubarb though)
                  Yes it does it weighs it in lbs.

Comment

Made rhubarb ice cream - sounds strange but it's totally delicious. Just cooked rhubarb, sugar and cream. Gorgeous.

Remembered that last year I made rhubarb eton mess - sharp rhubarb and sweet meringue - works really well.
                    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
                      Chrismarks-2 cups of liquid= 1 pint
                      4 cups flour= 1 lb
                      2 cups sugar = 1 lb
                      2 cups butter =1 lb
                      I am actually reading an American cookery book at the same time as looking on the forum! (It doesn't mention rhubarb though)
                      Yes it does it weighs it in lbs.
                      Bear in mind that American pints/cups etc are not the same as Imperial (only 16fl oz to a pint, instead of 20 Imperial, but their fl oz are a bit bigger than ours as well, so an American pint is more than 16 Imperial fl oz, but less than 20).
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X