Asparagus through

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus through

I spotted this today. There are another two so far, and this year we can finally eat some of it
    Attached Files

You're not alone FHG! I spotted the first spear emerging this very day also.
    It is SO 'citing
    I'd bought young potted plants of 3 varieties year before last, and had grown them on in bigger pots with huge TLC until finally planting them in trenches of well-rotted FYM, and Trousers then had to tie my hands behind my back to stop me harvesting them last year, (he didn't have to, but it was fun anyway....)

And to be perfectly honest with you, having planted approximately 20 pots of them, I think Trousers could possibly untie my hands in the next few weeks for our first Funny Farm asparagus harvest, don't you?
    Last edited by wellie; 26-03-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Came home from hols on Friday and there were 8 through - this morning there were 14, bet there'll be more now - have to go and count again!!!!

Trousers - untie that woman, let her get to the asparagus!!
      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Yum yum - I have just weeded my asparagus patch (bad girl to let it get weedy!) and noticed a few nice fat buds emerging. Can't wait!
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

That is really exciting!

Last year was the first that I could eat mine. Got some home and on the plate in 7 minutes; was one of the best things I've ever tasted from the plot.

Have moved it this year though, so could be make or break for my asparagus.
          Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X