Tomatoes- Black or White?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes- Black or White?

Debating on trying some fun toms. What are some prolific (OH is constantly scoffing) varities of either black or white toms to try? Thanks!!!
    The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

The best dark tomato that I've encountered; is Piglet Willie's French Black...taste wise.

It is scrummy.

Comment

I have got some blue ones i am trying to grow this year so i can share the seeds next year, have no idea of taste as yet............hmmm forward thinking re andrea's post, maybe i can swap some seeds next year for some of piglet willies french black.

hee hee

Kx

Comment

I'm growing "White OX Heart" for the first time this year, so I can't comment on if there prolific or not, and "Black Cherry" which I've grown several times, they have clusters, of very juicy, sweet cherry sized tomato's, I'd recommend then to anyone. I haven't any seed left or I'd have sent you some.

Comment

I grew White Beauty which were so prolific they needed extra staking. They were of course, yellow. I also grew Black Cherry, which were dark red and we didn't like them. This year I am growing Moneymaker to see if they work.
          Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
          >
          >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Ginger Ninger - good luck with your White Oxheart. They all rotten on the vine before my very eyes when I grew it out a few years ago so I never got to taste it. Given that the British climate is much milder that Oz it should like it there and produce ripe fruits before rotting!

Llamas - I have grown out heaps of black and white tomatoes. The blacks typically have a sweet, smoky flavour, the whites are really mild but if you want to try something funky go for green-when-ripe (GWR) tomatoes. I have grown out quite a few, ranging from Green Cherry (my avatar) to Aunt Ruby's German Green (huge beefsteaks) with a range of others in between. The GWRs typically have a sweet, spicy flavour and are really yummy as far as I'm concerned!
            Happiness is being with the love of your life. If you can't have that, then an unlimited supply of well-rotted manure is a pretty close second!

Comment

Thanks muchly everyone. I'll let you know when/what I choose. Of course I want to try everything now
              The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X