carrots and polytunnel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carrots and polytunnel

I may have already asked this, Can I start my carrots off in the polytunnel now, I have some early nantes, and other carrots would they be alright for frost.

thanks
    marion

Depending on where you are KK should be ok. I start mine off in the polytunnel but not until March. Just not enough daylight this far north at the moment. But if you are further south should be ok. When I do so in March I cover with fleece, even when they are sprouting quite well out of the ground. Early Nante is the variety I use and we had a good harvest at the beginning of the summer last year. Eat them young!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

carrots

I live in cornwall

marion

Comment

Thing is though KK you might have more problems with frost than I've got up here, although you'll have better daylight. Try sowing some in a deep pot and cover with fleece and see how you get on. Then all is not lost!
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X