late raspberries.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late raspberries.

It's the middle of November and for the last week or so I've been picking raspberries from the 6 canes I planted earlier this year. I bought them bare rooted with a label that said Malling Jewel but this is supposed to be a summer fruiting variety. Could the label be wrong and does anyone have a suggestion for what variety they might be to fruit this late in the year. Also, could the label be correct and the fruiting have something to do with the mild autumn we've had.

Originally posted by solway cropper View Post
    It's the middle of November and for the last week or so I've been picking raspberries from the 6 canes I planted earlier this year. I bought them bare rooted with a label that said Malling Jewel but this is supposed to be a summer fruiting variety. Could the label be wrong and does anyone have a suggestion for what variety they might be to fruit this late in the year. Also, could the label be correct and the fruiting have something to do with the mild autumn we've had.
    Well I have a couple of rows of raspberries which I inherited with the lottie (unknown varieties) and I thought a few of them were summer varieties. But last year and this year I've picked from all the canes until early November. I don't know, but I suspect it's the weather - it obviously suits the raspberries!
    Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

I have one raspberry bush still in fruit, although it is only producing 2-3 ago. I think its the weather too.

Comment

My Autumn Bliss and Polkas are still producing quite happily. They are both autumn fruiters but my Glen Moy (summer) finished a month ago.
        Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
        >
        >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I have one summer fruiting rasp that is still bearing fruit- we've decided to stop picking now and leave the rest for the animals and birds to have as we've run out of freezer space and I will be making all remaining fruit into a jam next week.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X