Blueberries and companion planting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberries and companion planting

Does anybody know what flowers, herbs, other fruit and veg should be grown with or near blueberries as companion plants, to aid, strengthen, protect and support each other?

Just more blueberries.

Comment

in my blueberry rasied Box/bed type thing I have got cranberries growing between them as they both like the same conditions and soil type etc, they provide a bit of ground cover for keeping weeds down, and this year I got some lovely cranberries as well.
      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
      Bob Dylan

Comment

Azaleas? Heather? Any one of the plants that need ericaceous compost? Just musing here.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon View Post
          in my blueberry rasied Box/bed type thing I have got cranberries growing between them as they both like the same conditions and soil type etc, they provide a bit of ground cover for keeping weeds down, and this year I got some lovely cranberries as well.

Watch out for cranberry weevil, as these can kill blueberry bushes.

It is best not to grow anything with them if you can as they will compete for the nutrients in the soil. You just need to feed them more oftern.

I find that cranberries being a bog plant, like a more wetter ground than blueberrries. Blueberries like water, but not their roots kept in it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X