Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with many strawberries/raspberries?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with many strawberries/raspberries?

My daughter enthusiastically picked tons of berries today and they are very ripe and need to be eaten or cooked asap. Can i make a fruit puree, freeze it then use it later for ice cream/coulis/smoothies etc.?

Either puree or open freeze berries on trays and then pack into bags or boxes. Don't need to cook them

Comment

Thanks, will get them frozen tonight

Comment

Don't forget to eat a few - fresh is best!!

Comment

if you have time, jam them. Nothing more delicious on a cold winter's night than a spoonful of home made strawberry jam on a warm scone.
          We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
          Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

Make a pavlova!

If you've frozen them already and you have a blender, try a smoothie. Or a proper milkshake with berries, icecream & milk.

Jules
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

An hour ago I pureed a kilo of strawbs then added my sugar to start making ice cream. I stuck my finger in to taste for sweetness and realised that I had added salt. Whole lot thrown in the bin - that's what I do with mine!

Comment

Can you pick more strawberrys than you can eat LOL
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                  Can you pick more strawberrys than you can eat LOL
                  I suppose it is possible, but it takes uncommon determination!
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Instead of porridge now the weather is warmer, I've being enjoying strawberry or raspberry smoothies. However in order to slow down the sugar burst into my system, I add porridge oats and water. Makes a lovely drink for brekkie and often up to lunch time. Freshly made every morning, a great way to start the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie View Post
                      Instead of porridge now the weather is warmer, I've being enjoying strawberry or raspberry smoothies. However in order to slow down the sugar burst into my system, I add porridge oats and water. Makes a lovely drink for brekkie and often up to lunch time. Freshly made every morning, a great way to start the day.
                      Hi dottie, this sounds just what i'm looking for! What are your ingredients for the smoothie please? cant wait till tomorrow to try it out! think even the children might like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
                        An hour ago I pureed a kilo of strawbs then added my sugar to start making ice cream. I stuck my finger in to taste for sweetness and realised that I had added salt. Whole lot thrown in the bin - that's what I do with mine!
                        My wife has just responded to your post in typical fashion. "Well, thats's why I keep MY suger in a suger bag". Personally I think you need cyber hugs and not laughed at

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X