Raspberries and Blueberries - never grown before

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberries and Blueberries - never grown before

I would love to grow the above but is it the right time to plant newly bought ones also can they be successfully grown in pots?

Blueberries - OK in pots but need an acid soil so plant in ericaceous compost. I have had much better results since I planted them direct in the ground. Make sure that they don't dry out - always use rainwater rather than tap water. If you don't collect rainwater you can use tap water but let it stand for a week or two before use. Feed periodically with an acidic feed such as that sold for azaleas and rhododendrons.

Raspberries - I think that you'd need a huge pot!! I personally wouldn't recommend this.
    Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

My raspberries grew quite happily in a pot last year - plenty of fruit from them. I have some growing in B&Q orange buckets this year and they've got loads of buds on them at the moment. I think you may get a better crop off them if they're planted in the ground, but they can be grown in pots.

This is my first year with a blueberry - it's living in a pot and it's absolutely covered in flowers, but I have no idea how well it will crop...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X