Can I move my raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move my raspberries

I planted these last year in a most innapropriate place! I think they were the autumn kind. Can I dig them up and replant them or should I do this at a certain time? I noticed as well that there were little baby raspberry plants a few inches from the older plant so if I move them should I move the whole thing?

You can transplant them now before, but make sure you dig them up carefully so as not to damage the new shoots.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I'd wait till the soil warms up,which up here will be about the end of march

Comment

You should move most plants while they are dormant .. now is the perfect time to move or plant raspberries.

Be aware they are shallow rooted though ... be careful, and don't replant too deep
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Move them now before the end of Feb. Detach the baby ones and plant them, they will grow into big ones, or give them away. After replanting, if they are Autumn Rasps, cut the canes down to ground level. New ones will grow and fruit this Autumn. If they are Summer fruiting, don't cut them down, these will be your fruiting canes.

Comment

thanks. its gorgeous here today-now I am at work till dusk!!! hopefully wil get there soon and move them to a slightly better place. And cut them back a bit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X