Thinning spring onions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinning spring onions

I am so excited the first shoots of my Lisbon spring onions have started tho show!
    Can anyone tell me how big they need to be before I thin them. Planning to put the thinned ones into another trough also in the greenhouse.
    Also I think I read on here that garlics and onions need cold to form properly. Is this the same for little spring onions, should I put them outside later?

Any tips for what else I can grow solely in the greenhouse or out in pots over the winter much appreciated

Many thanks
    Fi
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Sorry, never thinned spring onions, just pick them small and chop as needed.

Onions don't need cold to form, but garlic does.

Comment

Thing is I think theres more shoots in there than can comfortably grow so was planning on transplanting some to grow on. Just dunno when to do it. Guess I will wait till they get bigger and look a bit squished

Comment

Fiona, there's no need to thin spring onions. They will do fine even if they are in big bunches - they just push each other out of the way. You can eat them any size you like. Just pull out the ones you want to be rid of and eat them. Enjoy.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Great, thanks guys looking forward to eating the first thing I've grown. Well first apart from the chillis that I was told was a pepper plant

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X