Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onions and strawberries

Help please
    The new veg bed is dug over and is covered with manure. I am resisting the temptation to plant anything in it till the spring. By which time the frost and the worms should have done the job with the horse poo

I've sown some White Lisbon spring onion seeds in a large trough in my greenhouse and hoping to grow them there. Is this actually going to work? I was planning on thinning out the weaker seedlings and leaving some in situ to harvest around October time.

I have also been given some strawberry runners which I have potted up. Can these stay in pots over the winter and then planted out in the spring?

As you can see I really know nothing about this veg growing lark

Also got some new potatoes getting ready to be sown in big pots in the greenhouse but think I know what to do with those after some helpful advice on the Vine a few days back.
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Yes to all of that. See - you do know stuff!

Instead of thinning out the onions, if you have space you could transplant them, and leave them to grow on.

The strawbs would also be ok outside over the winter, if you keep them fleeced, but I put mine out early spring and they were fine. I am busy taking all the runners and rooting them and they will all be going back outside before the winter; I want a huge strawb bed next year and it is looking very hopeful thus far.

Comment

Fleeced? Do I need to chase some sheep at this point?
      Guessing I can get this at a garden centre?

I do have another trough to put the extra onions in so thanks for the tip

If I know stuff its surely by accident and not design.
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X