Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poorly courgettes

As a new allotment holder it seems i'm learning the hard way
    I was overly keen to get things in the ground and planted out my courgettes.
    The leaves are all brown now or burnt but the rest of the plants seem ok . Should i keep them in the ground hoping they may recover or is it best to compost them and sow again ?

Welcome to the vine, hooraynana. If the growing tips are OK, I'd leave them in and give them a chance. If you have space plant some more, just in case. It's useful to have 2 sowings anyway, so the second lot of plants can take over when the first lot succumb to mildew and run out of steam. One of mine was snapped off by the wind, the main stem almost broken right through. I'd say less than a quarter attached. It wilted a bit, but now seems to be growing on, so being a softie, I've left it in.
    Last edited by BarleySugar; 01-06-2008, 08:02 AM.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
      One of mine was snapped off by the wind, the main stem ...broken right through.
      Mine too. I nicked a replacement off Mum.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yes, the one that snapped right through died, no hope for that one, but like I say the other one that was almost through has survived
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X