do i need to cut these raspberries if they dont fruit

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i need to cut these raspberries if they dont fruit

i bourght some summer raspberries this year, and planted them around 18 april, they are growing and shooting but there is no sign of fruit, not that i was expecting any, as i have always planted before in october. does anyone know if i will still need to cut them back end of summer if they dont fruit or do i need to leave them for fruiting next year, my other raspberries are aurtum, please help thanks

I believe summer fruiting rasps fruit on year old canes so don't cut these back. The autumn one fruit on new canes so they will need cutting back after they have fruited (i think it's supposed to be January time). I put in 10 canes of each in the autumn and am not expecting any fruit from the summer ones but hoping for some from the autumn ones. Good luck!
    Last edited by lainey lou; 22-05-2008, 10:53 AM.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Yes, Lainey lou is right - don't cut down

Comment

didnt think i needed to cut them but wasnt sure as there a new addition to the garden this year, there growing well but obviously wont fruit, but should give some next year. thanks all for your advice.

Comment

I planted the same last year - no fruit - now though it looks very encouraging.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X