Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsnips & Aubergine identification

Hello everyone,
    I have to confess i've been eaves dropping for about 3 weeks without signing up, but i finally got round to it...... with a question.

I sowed parsnips and aubergines in seperate trays and now they have both started growing and the trays have become mixed. Both have come up dicots, but one set of shoots has kind of furry stems, the other a bit of red at the bottom of the stems, can anyone help with identification?

Great forum by the way, i hate other forums that seem to "annoy" other members with silly posts or back stabbing.

Hi Gary, and first of all welcome to the Vine. You're right, we are a friendly lot and have a lot of fun

So... to your question, I have attached a pic of my parsnips (Hollow crow - thanks Flummery) so that you may be able to tell which is which - you might have to wait a bit for the Aubergine pic though, they are still in the early stages.
    Attached Files
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thank you for posting your image. Both of mine are still in quite early stages, but looking at you pic, i might guess that picture 1 is my parsnips and the other aubergine....... I guess it's just a case of wait though.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would agree; not because if the leaves but the furriness; never seen a furry parsnip.

I'm sure an aubergine expert will be along any minute now...

Comment

You're second picture looks like my aubergines so they probably are.
          My rabbit- for pruning the apple tree

Comment

That's good. At least i know now within a little which is which. Many thanks for your help Joey, Zazan999 and scarey55!

Comment

No problem; I bought my first ford capri from a garage in Dartford, and I did all the soil testing for the Kent side of the QE Bridge; just in case you were wondering...and I used to go there quite often to see bands and stuff.

Comment

I've been here all my life unfortunately! It doesn't change, believe me. I live virtually on top of the bridge. Wouldn't reccommend it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X