Chillies & Peppers - Leaf problem?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillies & Peppers - Leaf problem?

My chillie plant and red pepper plant were both doing really well - healthy looking and lots of buds.

Yesterday and today though they have some dodgy looking leaf problems - they both look similar so I'm wondering if it is the environment or some sort of disease?

The green segments seem to be going brown on the pepper plant -

Actually, now I look at the pictures I'm not sure it is the same problem at all on the chille plant, it's more like a stain that's spreading -

This is another leaf on the chille with a brown curled end and a weird patch - what's that all about??

Both are kept in a mini greenhouse thing and have been getting pretty hot in the last week (so I've been keeping the door open), and it gets very humid in there. Could this be too much heat? too much humidity? too much water?
    Last edited by jxm; 04-07-2006, 11:02 AM.

The last photo looks like leaf scorch caused by the sun. Peppers can be susceptible to red spider mite - not red spiders but tiny mites. Look on the undersides of the leaves for them. They cause the leaves to have a pale mottling and bronzing. Photo 1 looks like the leaf is going bronze.
    [

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X