Summer Broccoli / Small Aubergines

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Broccoli / Small Aubergines

Have a list of seeds I'd like on ebay (found a good seller, wide range of T+M's/Suttons seeds for half the price at the 'proper' websites!), trying to cut it down a bit though, anyone grown any of these?

Aubergine Calliope F1 T+M 10 seeds 99p
    Aubergine Baby Rosanna F1 T+M 6 seeds 1.25

Broccoli Summer Purple Sprouting Wocc Brocc T+M 50 seeds 1.29
    Broccoli Summer Purple Sprouting Suttons 360 seeds 99p

(the ebay seller is 'hozzman' if anyones interested)
    Last edited by sez; 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM.

Growing summer purple this year, along with Rudolf, both supposed to be good croppers.
    Vegmonkey and the Mrs. - vegetable gardening in a small space in Cheltenham at www.vegmonkey.co.uk

Comment

I haven't been terribly impressed with Wok Brocc and have swapped to Summer Purple to see if it's better. I am not sure it was all the fault of the variety - I have tried to grow some brassicas too closely in the past - so I may try again one day.

I also have Baby Rosanna, but I've not grown them before so I can't advise.

Not much help, am I!
      Last edited by Cutecumber; 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutecumber View Post
        I haven't been terribly impressed with Wok Brocc and have swapped to Summer Purple to see if it's better. I am not sure it was all the fault of the variety - I have tried to grow some brassicas too closely in the past - so I may try again one day.
        I was thinking of ordering the Wok Broc from Alan Romans as they're only 50p as opposed to T&M normal price but keen to know why it didn't impress you. I'm thinking, is it too flimsy not sturdy but tender ? I saw pictures of similar stuffs and they kind of look 'weak', limp and lifeless, if it makes any sense .
        Last edited by veg4681; 10-02-2008, 08:23 PM.
        Food for Free

Comment

It didn't head up, so I got no crop.

They took months to grow and never really matured, but I think they needed more room.

They're just a broccoli/ oriental veg cross and grow like other broccoli. They're certainly not limp - don't believe everything you see in pikchas

Comment

Originally posted by Cutecumber View Post
            It didn't head up, so I got no crop.

They took months to grow and never really matured, but I think they needed more room.

They're just a broccoli/ oriental veg cross and grow like other broccoli. They're certainly not limp - don't believe everything you see in pikchas
            Thanks for the reply and info. Deary me, they didn't crop but they had better work for me coz I'm ordering the seeds . One of our Grapes, I think it was Bluemoon had a successful crop from them last year and said it was tasty.
            Food for Free

Comment

We grew Wok Brocc last year and were quite impressed, the flavour was certainly superior to supermarket calabrese and my only complaint was that we only grew half a row and wished we'd planted more. Perhaps this is one of those crops whose reliability and flavour depend upon the type of soil it's grown in?
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by sez View Post
                Have a list of seeds I'd like on ebay (found a good seller, wide range of T+M's/Suttons seeds for half the price at the 'proper' websites!), trying to cut it down a bit though, anyone grown any of these?

Aubergine Calliope F1 T+M 10 seeds 99p
                Aubergine Baby Rosanna F1 T+M 6 seeds 1.25

Broccoli Summer Purple Sprouting Wocc Brocc T+M 50 seeds 1.29
                Broccoli Summer Purple Sprouting Suttons 360 seeds 99p

(the ebay seller is 'hozzman' if anyones interested)
                Sez

I got some Baby Rosanna aubergine from the VVS prize (shared 4 seeds for my neighbour as she loves auberines dearly). They seems to be the same trial pack I got. I haven't grow any, got 2 seeds to try for this year, will let you know how it goes this summer .
                I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Perhaps this is one of those crops whose reliability and flavour depend upon the type of soil it's grown in?
                  Bluemoon - I think that's true to a point, but I am sure for me it was a space issue.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X