+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: moving chives
- 17-01-2010, 11:00 AM #1
I know chives generally don't get moved until apirls time but... would it hurt to move them now?
I need them to go somewhere i don't need to dig around, as they just took over last year and got in the way of other crops so i have a bed just for them now.
Thanks in Advance
- 17-01-2010, 11:44 AM #2
yeah, tough as old boots chives are
All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.
- 17-01-2010, 11:45 AM #3Sprouter
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- North Yorks
Chives are pretty indestructable - I'm sure it won't be a problem to move them now
You can also pot up any small bits or self sown seedlings now to pass on to others
- 17-01-2010, 11:49 AM #4
Excellent, thought they would be fine but wanted to check with you experts first.
The sun is shinning some I'm off to do some digging now! lol
- By stella in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM
- By Florence Fennel in forum The Herb BedReplies: 8Last Post: 27-10-2009, 11:27 PM
- By petal in forum The Flower MillReplies: 8Last Post: 29-07-2009, 09:14 AM
- By Victoria26 in forum General chitchatReplies: 14Last Post: 18-02-2009, 02:37 PM
- By mrs baggins in forum The Herb BedReplies: 6Last Post: 09-04-2008, 07:54 AM