+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: sweet peppers
- 18-06-2008, 10:27 AM #1Seedling
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Nr Canterbury,Kent
Hi all please help some of my sweet peppers growong in my polytunnel, 4have gone all droopy as if lacking water.i have 12 plants 6 chilly plants all in 9"x12"
pots. no outher plants ie toms aubergins melons and seedling are all growing well.
- 18-06-2008, 10:22 PM #2
Sorry,i am not experienced enough with peppers,some creature has taken the growing tops off mine,i thought i'd protected them as well.hope you manage to save yours.
- 18-06-2008, 10:48 PM #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Perthshire, Scotland.
- Blog Entries
Janto, how hot is it in your polytunnel. Peppers react to too much heat by drooping their leaves. If heat is the cause they will recover when they are cooler. If it's too hot for them you could put them outside in the hottest part of the day, or maybe even just grow them outside. Don't know where you are in the country. You can show us by going into personal profile. Hope your peppers have recovered.
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.
- 18-06-2008, 10:51 PM #4
Hot sun, low humidity. Difficult growing conditions. I can't decide whether to take plants out side the green house or grow inside. I can't keep the inside temp in the greenhouse to a manageable level.I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!
- 19-06-2008, 06:32 PM #5
If you are at home you could lift them outside during the hottest part of the day.
And when your back stops aching,
And your hands begin to harden.
You will find yourself a partner,
In the glory of the garden.
- By daffydill in forum Vegging OutReplies: 1Last Post: 20-05-2010, 02:52 PM
- By pigletwillie in forum Vegging OutReplies: 40Last Post: 25-01-2008, 03:25 PM
- By smallblueplanet in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 21Last Post: 17-01-2008, 09:17 AM
- By Patsy in forum Season to TasteReplies: 6Last Post: 02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
- By queen of the cobs in forum Vegging OutReplies: 13Last Post: 16-07-2007, 03:32 PM