+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Allium moly
- 14-02-2009, 03:25 PM #1
Ive just been given a bag of these bulbs, can i plant them out now or have they missed the boat (so to speak). Can anyone offer any advice???
Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.
- 14-02-2009, 06:45 PM #2
You can plant them Jan-May.
These lovely Alliums produce large glossy golden star-like flowers in May. The flowers are very long lasting and are perfect for a rockery or a herbaceous border. They will spread rapidly to form large clumps and can be devided every few years. They are best planted in groups of ten or more for an eye catching focal point. These ornamental onion plants are rabbit, squirrel and deer resistant. Growing Height 25-35cms. https://www.gardens4you.co.uk/index....=2676&vmcchk=1
- 14-02-2009, 09:19 PM #3
Thanks very much for that info!!Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.
- 15-02-2009, 08:08 AM #4
don't thank me, thank Google
- 28-03-2009, 09:06 AM #5Germinator
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- Monmouthshire, South Wales
I have just bought a packet of these and on the back it says...
"If planted in the autumn, it will flower around May-June. If planted in the spring (Mar-May), it will produce flowers around July-August. Idean for creating that natural look in bothe garden and rock garden. Best planted in full sun, in light, very well-drained, fertile soils between September and March. Plant with point facing up, about 7cm deep and 5cm apart."
Hope this helps
- 28-03-2009, 03:51 PM #6
I've got some in my garden - they're gorgeous!Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.
www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring
- By kittykat8 in forum New ShootsReplies: 132Last Post: 10-02-2015, 11:21 PM
- By sarahspatch in forum The Flower MillReplies: 3Last Post: 23-02-2011, 09:32 PM
- By Peppertom in forum The Flower MillReplies: 3Last Post: 15-05-2009, 05:10 PM
- By blue411 in forum The Flower MillReplies: 14Last Post: 16-08-2008, 12:34 PM
- By pigletwillie in forum Vegging OutReplies: 4Last Post: 20-01-2007, 07:07 PM