+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Split Apricots?
- 15-09-2010, 08:04 PM #1
Would erratic watering cause this? Only only happened over the last week.. they're not ripe yet, but picked and brought indoors...
Not expecting anything; just thought I'd rather try and ripen them indoors than leave out for them to get munched on by whatever...
- 15-09-2010, 09:18 PM #2
Erratic watering or excessive rainfall is a common cause of split fruits in many types of fruit - the fruits swell so fast that the skin doesn't have time to stretch, so it splits.
If fruits have split they'll probably quickly rot if left on the tree, but may well rot even if brought indoors, since fungal spores may already have been blown by the wind and settled on the split fruits.
- 16-09-2010, 08:51 AM #3
Thanks FB.. worth a shot anyway!
- By starloc in forum Feeling FruityReplies: 5Last Post: 14-03-2011, 09:04 AM
- By Mugsy in forum Feeling FruityReplies: 3Last Post: 18-12-2009, 08:52 PM
- By amandaandherveg in forum Season to TasteReplies: 1Last Post: 24-10-2009, 11:28 PM
- By Snadger in forum Feeling FruityReplies: 12Last Post: 26-02-2007, 07:27 PM
- By pigletwillie in forum Feeling FruityReplies: 5Last Post: 07-04-2006, 09:50 PM