+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Growing Lychees from seed
- 26-01-2009, 12:56 PM #1
Growing Lychees from seed
I saved a couple of lychee seeds from some fresh fruit, and have potted them up. One has now sprouted up out of the soil.. so it looks like I may have my very own lychee tree in a few months.
Has anyone else grown them? (No, I'm not growing it for the fruit.. just looking for an interesting -and free- house plant). I've done a bit of googling, and aside from finding out about growing grafted or purchased trees.. there doesn't seem to be much about caring for your own sown. I've done avocados, dates, and citrus,.. the citrus and dates are current about two years old, but the avocados always die after they reach about a foot high (whether they spend a summer outdoors or not).
Any suggestions for growing lychees?
- 26-01-2009, 04:43 PM #2
- 26-01-2009, 05:49 PM #3
Thanks for that!
- By greasyfire in forum Feeling FruityReplies: 6Last Post: 22-10-2014, 01:22 PM
- By jimfin in forum Undercover OperationsReplies: 9Last Post: 17-07-2009, 06:57 AM
- By southlondongardener in forum Feeling FruityReplies: 3Last Post: 25-09-2008, 07:53 PM
- By workhorse in forum The Flower MillReplies: 18Last Post: 10-02-2008, 07:04 PM
- By hawthorns in forum New ShootsReplies: 8Last Post: 29-12-2007, 02:08 PM