Late planting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late planting

Have cleared a bit of space and been given a few large pots.
    Do you think it is too late to plant a couple of courgette seeds in the pots? I’m in the far South East, so have a fairly long growing season

You’re not too late, stick some in. They germinate and grow quickly so you should be fine.

Comment

Go for it. Definitely. Quite a few people sow a second round of seeds to ensure decent production across the whole season rather than a massive glut all at once.

I might have misunderstood your message but just in case: just one plant per pot. They're greedy and won't like the competition if you've got more than one per pot.

Comment

You've got loads of time. In the South, you can sow courgettes right up until early August and still get a (admittedly late) crop.
        There's still time to sow most veg in the South, as long as your okay with some of them being a bit small or a bit late cropping.
        It's too late for onions, shallots and garlic, and probably too late for sweetcorn and squash, and outdoor tomatoes and potatoes (thanks to blight), but other than that, just bung it in and it'll probably do fine.

Comment

I say get sowing I do late sowings of different veg, including courgettes

Comment

Agree with the others - bung 'em in! .

I'm in deepest, darkest Northumberland and still sowing salad stuff.....and did a second sowing of courgettes myself three weeks ago after losing my first lot.
            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X