Grow light concerns

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow light concerns

Well you're gonna laugh..... But I ordered 2x 100w full spectrum led lights. It dawned on me about the police choppers around here a lot and suddenly thought they might think I'm growing something dodgy!

From what I read they won't out put a lot of heat but I'm going to use a heat mat, a DIY grow box and try and keep the temps around 25c... I guess the only real heat will come from the jolokia and white habanero's 
    Last edited by Naga; 16-01-2019, 06:09 PM.
    Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

what are you planning to grow ?

Comment

Originally posted by Naga View Post
      Well you're gonna laugh..... But I ordered 2x 100w full spectrum led lights. It dawned on me about the police choppers around here a lot and suddenly thought they might think I'm growing something dodgy!

From what I read they won't out put a lot of heat but I'm going to use a heat mat, a DIY grow box and try and keep the temps around 25c... I guess the only real heat will come from the jolokia and white habanero's 

LOL.... You need large deliveries of Compost, a House that glows in the night when a heat gun /thermal detector is pointed at it and an electric meter with a dial about to take off.

Mind you a couple of 100Watt LED lamps (I have 2 x 12Watt) will give you a good grow station.

Your Chillies don't need much heat once they germinate and will grow better with 5 to 7 hrs darkness. I understand even plants need to rest.
      Last edited by 4Shoes; 16-01-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Sounds good. Good luck with your grow.

Comment

you dont need to worry LED lights give off v little heat , anything smaller than this and youll be fine
          https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lk-hangar.html
          Last edited by the big lebowski; 17-01-2019, 08:02 AM.
          The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
            you dont need to worry LED lights give off v little heat , anything smaller than this and youll be fine
            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lk-hangar.html
            Wow think of the chillies we could grow in there .

A couple of the neighbors accuse me of growing wacky backy. When the pink light appears in the dinning room window. Luckily they're only joking. Frankly I'm surprised I've not been accused of Opening a house of ill repute with the light being that colour .

The whole village is well aware I grow a couple of chillies.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              A couple of the neighbors accuse me of growing wacky backy. When the pink light appears in the dinning room window. Luckily they're only joking.
              My porch is the same. With the timer glows pink in the middle of no where.

Comment

Mine is currently in the side window of the living room - I'm on the top floor of a block of flats so it looks like I am pretending to be a lighthouse.
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I've had to totally restrict light coming from the box ... These grow lights are insanely bright it was like a UFO landed in my house lol.

I'm gonna have a search for more "rare" chillies, I think this could be a good grow box, albeit a little limited on space .
                  Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

Originally posted by Naga View Post

Did you get them set up? What make are they? Will you share you impressions please.
                    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X