Ultra chitted spud monsters

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra chitted spud monsters

I discovered these seed potatoes from last season in my greenhouse this morning... never got round to planting them, so they’ve been chitting for a year! Well I decided as they’ve held out for this long, they deserve a chance at life - I’ve now planted them in a couple of large pots in the polytunnel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2352F039-BAB9-463F-B19D-F5F3ECA687DA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	2406733
    He-Pep!

Not sure I want to see the resultant mutant crop let alone eat them

Comment

Amazing looking chits, bario. Really healthy looking, given the length of time they've been there. Do you know what they are?

Comment

They look awesome. I'd also like to know variety please .
        I've not even considered spuds yet. It's probably going to be what ever's sprouting in the cupboard .

Comment

They’re either Lasy Christl, self saved Charlottes or Picasso. Can’t be sure which.
          He-Pep!

Comment

I'd guess Picasso from the colour of the chits. You should get some great spuds if they are.

Comment

We’ll see... if they come up too quick I’ll be struggling to keep them frost free. That’s if they come up at all! There doesn’t seem to be much spud left to give them the energy?
              He-Pep!

Comment

Well spud will grow quite well from peelings so I think you have a good chance there.

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                  There doesn’t seem to be much spud left to give them the energy?
                  Nice chits Bario. A mist of seaweed feed should help them.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I'd expect them to be fine. The unheated polytunnel should keep them at bay. Can always toss a fleece over them if weather turns bad.

Comment

they'll grow I had some pink firs like that 2yrs back and they grew . atb Dal.

Comment

I'd plant them in a bit of a hollow with the top of the chits showing, fill in/earth up as they grow.

Comment

Look good bring on the jacket size new potatoes
                          When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Finally the ultra-chitted spuds have broken the surface of the compost this week!
                            He-Pep!

Comment

OMG first phrase came to mind was 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Spuds' lets just hope they are spuds and not Triffids
                              The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X