X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor rant thread 2019

Here's the old one for reference
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...8-a_95496.html

One of my new year’s resolutions was to dig the last of the carpet out of my allotment. Discovered today that some of it has been used in combination with a metal bedstead and metal stakes to form a kind of retaining wall, so taking it out will probably cause the slope bit (and the terraced beds I put in) to collapse...

Good job I started the year with multiple resolutions, so I still have a few spares!

Comment

Fat fingers........
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

The world has gone barking mad!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46727611
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I missed the last night of The Gardeners Rest and I had a very special dress for the occasion.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
            I missed the last night of The Gardeners Rest and I had a very special dress for the occasion.
            whadya mean last night? It cannot be closed before 12th night

Comment

NCORT!!!
              Lumpy's lost the plot - the GR was open all the time.
              Now stop chatting you two and buy me a drink in the GR.

Comment

hmmmmh that wasn't a cotrt. It was a complaint, protest ermmm rant. Btw, glass of red?

Comment

^^^^^^Mods that chat on a no chat thread.

Ha ha - I’ll get you a wonderfully rare red.

Comment

Three already today and it's not even 10am.

1. People who feel the need to tell me how wonderful their break was.
                    2. Tax Returns.
                    3. Man Flu.

Comment

Non-seasonal rant. Why do youngsters feel the need to shout in general conversation? I’m sitting in a Wetherspoons waiting for a friend to turn up and there are two young ladies next to me talking very loudly. I’ve given up on the crossword as I can’t think straight. I can’t really move as the only other seats left are those tall stools that I have problems clambering inelegantly on to and cut the blood off to my feet giving me pins and needles.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I needed that scream.

Am currently suffering from a bad case of 'stuffication'

Comment

How can you substitute 16 for 18, or trifle for cheesecake? Grrrrrr
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Tipping over a chicken and cracking a rib ...a very small one but ...OUCH ouch ouch .

Comment

Had to change a hospital clinic appointment.
                              New date to turn up in post.
                              10 identical envelopes turned up yesterday with the same appointment letter inside.
                              Ho Hum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X