Problem With Greenhouse Grape Vine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Greenhouse Grape Vine

Some help please. I planted in my greenhouse in April a Hamburg grape vine. The vine was planted in a large container in JI3 and once vigorously growing has been regularly watered and fed with liquid tomato feed. Although the vine is growing well and the foliage is nice and green I have noticed that some of the first produced leaves are turning brown, drying and dropping off. I have done various searches online but cannot find anything that seems to match the problem I have.

For information the reason I was unable to plant the vine in the ground either inside or outside of the greenhouse is because the floor of my greenhouse and the area surrounding the outside is concrete so the only option I had was to plant in a container.

Can anyone advise me as to what may be wrong and how I can overcome the problem?

Best regards,
    Greg

sigpic

If you think about it - the bottom leaves fall off most plants after a while, as long as the rest of the plant is growing ok it is nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
      If you think about it - the bottom leaves fall off most plants after a while, as long as the rest of the plant is growing ok it is nothing to worry about.
      Yes, the rest of the vine is growing well. Thank you for the advice it's good to know that there isn't a problem.

Best regards,
      Greg

sigpic

Comment

Thelma is correct. The first leaves have done their job and are now worn out and no longer productive so the vine discards them. I remove any leaves which start to yellow in order to allow more light and air into the vine.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Deltawhiskey View Post
          Thelma is correct. The first leaves have done their job and are now worn out and no longer productive so the vine discards them. I remove any leaves which start to yellow in order to allow more light and air into the vine.

David
          Thank you, David. That's a great help.

Best regards,
          Greg

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X