Leeks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leeks

I've lost the leeks I'd started growing in the greenhouse (ie they've died - not simply that I can't find them)...they fell victim to miserly watering while I was on holiday. Is it too late (or too early?) to buy and plant-out some leek seedlings now to over-winter?
    Daddy Pig's allotment blog is at
    http://daddypigsallotment.blogspot.com/

Hi sorry to hear about your leeks and just to let you know I have just purchased some leek plants from rocketgardens which I am planning to put in this weekend.

Comment

Yep, I also spotted some leek-lets in the local branch of Dobbies, so you're not to late for plants but probably to late for sowing seeds!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Get 'em in quick, and plant some carrot seed while u are at it...just in time for xmas!
        Vegmonkey and the Mrs. - vegetable gardening in a small space in Cheltenham at www.vegmonkey.co.uk

Comment

Thanks all - a job for the BH weekend.
          Daddy Pig's allotment blog is at
          http://daddypigsallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am going to put some leeks out this weekend - I was wondering if any extra growth would occur if I put them under cloches once the colder weather arrives?? anyone tried this?

cheers

KC
            Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

If you plant the leek plants now when will be ready for eating? Thanks.
              Last edited by veg4681; 24-08-2007, 02:48 PM.
              Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X