Sweet corn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet corn

I planted out my sweetcorn on Sunday due to them getting a little too large for their pots.
    My worry now is have I planted them out too soon?
    @thecluelessgardener

Where are they planted out? garden or plot? I know my garden is much more sheltered than the allotment. Can you make a fleece "fence" around them if you are worried about them getting cold? Mine are still in the greenhouse as they aren't anywhere big enough yet.

Comment

How big are they meant to be when you plant them out?

Comment

I was going to plant mine out this weekend they are about 6 inches tall is that big enough?
        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

It's really more about climate - temperature particularly but also high winds etc. Daytime is probably ok now but nights might still be a bit chilly. Mine will probably go out in a couple of weeks at about 10 inches
          If it stays fairly warm overnight from now on you may be ok
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Hi Natalie

I'm planting mine out this weekend as I've got the bed ready this week, weeded dug over and fertilized. I'd say that as you are just north of me near Stoke you are ok planting them out now, if there is any chance of a late frost happening then be prepared to cover them in an emergency with fleece. Other than that just watch em grow and look forward to the rewards later.
            The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Mine are only just germinating, late planting this year.
              I know they were in the garden this time last year, and we had a great crop from them
              Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X