Your Favourite Raspberries ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favourite Raspberries ?

I planted 6 different varieties of raspberries last winter - however, I've managed to clear an area of my plot for another 8 plants, and I'm looking for suggestions.

I've got 5 summer varieties and 1 autumn - therefore, 5 of the 8 new ones will probably be autumn ones.

Out of the summer ones I have - I can't beleive how good (and big !!) the fruits on my Octavia plant are - I hopefully want to get another couple of those.

Anyway, your suggestions are most welcome.
    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

We have some golden raspberries which were already on our plot when we took it over. They taste fantastic but they don't last long enough to get them home and turn to mush in minutes.

We just eat them straight from the plant.

They spread very easily and can take over if you let them

Paul

Comment

Joan J - superb!

Comment

Polka. Massive berries , lovely flavour and very prolific cropper. Just make sure you keep your summer and autumn plants seperate as they require differnt pruning

Comment

Another vote for Joan J................like anything, it's down to personal taste.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Joan J for me,this year they are massive,i wondered if it's because the have established well,or a fluke,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Another vote for Joan J as an Autumn variety.
              For summer ones I like Glen Ample. Not the earliest but lovely big juicy sweet fruits.

Both of these are thornless and are strong growers.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Another 2 votes for Joan J and Polka. Had my first proper Joan J this morning - mahoosive berries and taste great!
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Polka! Second year plants starting to produce the odd berry every day, with the main crop coming in a few weeks.
                  Lovely tasting large berries.
                  <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Thanks folks.

Well Joan J and Polka it is for the autumn lot.
                    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X