Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it too late for dwarf french beans and peas.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too late for dwarf french beans and peas.

I planted a row of dwarf french beans yesterday, plus a row of Hurst Greenshaft peas.

But I think it might be too late ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

You should get a crop off the french beans. I'm not sure about the peas, I'd have thought you'd be better with an early variety rather than maincrop.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I agree the peas may be a little late. You can get varieties of peas which are good for late cropping - I currently have some Geisha that were sown about a week ago which will follow the early meteor peas when they have finished cropping.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I've just got my yard long beans in the ground and was thinking I was probably too late with them.

Comment

They're predicting a long, hot summer though....so you never know your luck!
          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
            Ill believe that when i see it
            Last edited by jackarmy; 06-07-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I picked a few pods of bingo peas the other day,ate some & sowed some,covered them with netting,the seedlings have come up really quick,the tallest plant is just over 2 inches tall.

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
                Who is? Most of the long range forecasts (take with a huge dollop of salt) are predicting colder than average temperatures much of the time, and have been doing for a couple of months. They were right for May and June. Incidentally Wednesday night could be a tad chilly, especially for those in the northern half of the country.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Guess I'll wait and see.
                  It's a flower border in the front garden that I was late getting dug over.
                  So the space is not wasted!
                  Well, beans and peas have flowers don't they?
                  Anyway, that's what I'll be telling supreme headquaters.
                  Jimmy
                  Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Your beans will be fine - I often find a July sowing are the only ones that work for me because the earlier ones just rot. Peas - a bit last minute, but all the pea packets I've looked at say sow until June, so you're only a week too late - bet you'll get a crop if you keep them watered and avoid pea moth .
                    sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                      I picked a few pods of bingo peas the other day,ate some & sowed some,covered them with netting,the seedlings have come up really quick,the tallest plant is just over 2 inches tall.
                      I just know i'm going to regret asking this.
                      What are Bingo Peas?
                      Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X