Sweet corn after potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet corn after potatoes

Am intending to plant out some sweet corn seedlings, in ground where I've just dug up Earlies, what would be best to add to ground, to give it a boast? ( if anything?)

Thanks
    DottyR

Maybe some BFB or chicken manure pellets? But I would give the bed a couple of weeks at least after that for the fertiliser to break down a bit. Why not just bung them in now and feed with a liquid feed? I'm sure your soil will have plenty of nutrients in it anyway, despite having just produced spuds.
    He-Pep!

Comment

They like a lot of nitrogen & potatoes would have used up what was in the ground. I do both BFB at planting,just sprinkled on top of the soil & high nitrogen liquid feed every month (since 6wks old).

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
        They like a lot of nitrogen & potatoes would have used up what was in the ground. I do both BFB at planting,just sprinkled on top of the soil & high nitrogen liquid feed every month (since 6wks old).
        Agreed!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well we'll see how they do, I added chicken manure pellets, the corn really had to go in the ground, it was still in little modules and getting quite tall.
          DottyR

Comment

If the sweetcorn does look a bit sad after a while you can always give it a high nitrogen feed like normal lawn fertiliser, mine was looking a bit sorry for itself but a quick watering with some lawn feed and it picked-up right away.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X