Leggy Kale Seedlings

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leggy Kale Seedlings

My kale seedlings, in pots on kitchen windowsill) were looking leggy and just showing their first true leaves.

Today I transplanted two of the seedlings in to new pots and buried them almost up to their first leaves to address the leggyness. I planned to harden them off then keep them in a protected environment outside until I plant them in the raised beds in august.

With second thoughts I am wondering if repotting them (so soon) was the correct approach or if I should have left them leggy until planting outside in August - any advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by cazp; 18-06-2015, 11:31 PM.

They were leggy because it was too warm in your kitchen. I think you have done the best thing you can. I'm assuming they're outside now.

Comment

Apparently, most of the winter brassica's prefer to be started outdoors and that includes sprouts, savoy, kale etc so WendyC is right about the temp being too high.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Thank you for your advice - I hadn't realized Kale seeds were best started in cooler temperatures.

The seedlings are outside now in pots under enviromesh

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X