Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggots in Tomatoes

This is my frst time on the grapevine.

I have blue maggots that have burrowed in my unripe tomatoes, I have never had this before. Has anyone got any suggestions, I have removed the infected tomatoes, any suggestions on what to do now.

tomato moth probably..i had a plague of them last year but no sign so far this year. they ate the leaves and the fruit. only thing i did was pick them off when i found them but they did a huge amount of damage

Comment

Thanks for replying, did you spray the other tomatoes with anything?

Comment

I think I had tomato moth a couple of years ago but it was only on a couple of plants. I seem to recall the damage was caused by caterpillars rather than burrowing maggots and they eat the leaves/fruit from the outside in. If I remember correctly it was late August that they turned up, but it didn't really matter because there was a serious outbreak of tomato wilt shortly afterwards and there wasn't a tomato plant left on the whole site within a week or so.

Comment

Hi NSB welcome to the Vine! Sorry Im not sure about the answer to your question but as you have probably already seen there are lots of grapes who have lots of knowledge, tips and advice - so ask away! Looking forward to hearing how you get on with your veg growing. Bernie
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks Bernie otherwise the veg is doinf really well

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X