Courgettes going rotten!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgettes going rotten!

OK after initial excitment of courgettes appearing on my plant... removing flowers when they are past their sell by date... my baby courgettes are not growing past the 2 inch stage, then they start to wilt!

Anyone know why?

I've removed them from the plant in the hope that this is the correct practice... also stops me watching them wilt and rot completely

I've also got siamese twin courgettes... is this also quite normal or is my plant special

Thanks
    Think I shall cook my two baby courgettes tonight just to see how they taste? (Cutting off rotten ends of course)

Jan
    Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Cut and cooked and eaten... half each for OH and myself (two courgettes equivalent to mmm 4 matchsticks stuck together if that much!!)

Tasted ok (it was such a small amount I think they were ok?)... anyone know what I should do to make my crop grow more?

Jan

Comment

Be patient, it's early days. When courgettes really get going it's hard to keep up with them. In fact there's a book called something like what do I do with all these courgettes? I don't remove the flowers unless they refuse to fall off themselves. Usually due to damp cool weather and leaving them on the immature fruit can lead to the courgette rotting. Any courgettes that do show signs of rotting I remove by cutting through the stem with a clean sharp knife

Comment

Thank you... there seems to be alot more growth, but the first 3 have turned before 'maturing'. I shall be more patient

Jan

Comment

I grew courgettes last year for the first time, a few did rot when they were small but in general I got a reasonable crop.
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X