For those leftover courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those leftover courgettes

I have finally began wanting another courgette for tea, my plants stopped back in August and i had 100's.
    I researched all over about preserving and couldn't find anything 100% so i made soups, chutneys etc.

Well with my yellow and dark green courgettes i washed and put into the fridge for about 1/2 weeks maybe longer. More and more kept coming so i decided to just have ago.

I think this helped maybe with the moisture content.

I took them out of the fridge after week or 2 so and cut into 1-2cm slices and froze on sheets so they did not stick together. Then bagged them up. This was back in Aug.

Well tonight was the taste test, i half defrosted for a last minute side dish. Halved them, pan fried in a little olive oil, salt, pepper and they were great.

Maybe it was the desire for courgette, i don't know but tasted just as good as store bought, of course not as good as fresh but can't complain half way through November.

This worked for me, hopefully maybe someone else.

P.s i did not blanch.
    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

I always freeze some courgettes for winter use but prefer to slice, grate or chunk them ready for use. I find they're by far best cooked straight from frozen.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X