Help with white sprouting broccoli

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with white sprouting broccoli

I have never grown before and it has been in the ground pretty much 7/8 months.
    It looks ok but taking up so much room, i do not want to keep it growing if i won't get anything from it. I guess if it's not any good it will be good chicken food.

The plants (total of 6 or 7) are about 4 1/2 foot tall and take up a meter wide and 5 meter row

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated

Oh p.s i did not know if i should post here or on "new shots"
    Attached Files
    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

They look very close together, do you mean that all the plants are in a strip 1m by 5m? You quote height in imperial and plan in metric so needed to check. It's difficult to see any gaps between the plants. I have four plants in a 5' by 4' area which is less than you meterage per plant but they look more roomy. The plants do gave to stay in for ages, depending on variety, mine will sprout Aprilish and are a very welcome addition at a time when not much is cropping. What makes you think they won't come to anything? At 4.5' they sound a good size.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Just noticed you said they'd been in for 7 or 8 months, does that mean from a March sowing or planting out? I normally sow April in pots and plant out mid June but again, it does depend on varieties.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I just have never grown them before, so a bit clueless really

They are at the edge of the plot so nothing to the side of them and the corn which was the other side has been taken out for months.

I meant they take up a meter wide, and the row in total in roughly 5 meters long.

I live in a different country so growing times are different but been planted out since March

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Just noticed you said they'd been in for 7 or 8 months, does that mean from a March sowing or planting out? I normally sow April in pots and plant out mid June but again, it does depend on varieties.
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X