Strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberries

Can someone please give me a bit advice. I have never grown strawberries before and was just wondering is it normal for it to be doing this?

Attached Files
    Carrie

That's the berries forming

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

So the leaves are fine then? I thought something was wrong with them going brown.
      Carrie

Comment

Strawbs leaves tend to go brown, looks to me as if they are in a grow bag, might be time to give them a feed. A high potash feed such as tomorite would be good.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I couldn't see any marks on the leaves. I can see what look like the white petals of the flowers shrivelled up and brown, but that's normal

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

I bought a strawberry 'thing' (bit of root) from Poundland and looks likes neither of the roots is gonna grow, same as last year, so bit of a rip off?

Or am I doing something wrong?

What is the best way to grow? Seeds? Can' be any worse than the root things.

One of the roots looked in a lot better shape than what I got last year, but it looks like
            they well never grown, been over a month easily and not a sign of life

Comment

I bought 40 off ebay bareroot all worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                Strawbs leaves tend to go brown, looks to me as if they are in a grow bag, might be time to give them a feed. A high potash feed such as tomorite would be good.
                Yeah they are in a grow bag. I have a vegetable feed, would that do any good or shall I just go buy tomorite?
                Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                  shall I just go buy tomorite?
                  If you are going out to buy something I suggest getting a Brand X Tomato feed. Tomorite is relatively expensive, and Brand X will do the same thing. If you only need a small amount for the season I don't suppose cost will make much odds, either way.

I use Chempak (the Tomato or High Potash one) because it is cheapest (i.e. it "makes up" the most feed for my money), but it is granular so you have to dissolve it - its not difficult, but its not quite as easy as mixing up a liquid feed. But with a liquid feed you are paying quite a lot for the water in the container to be shipped around the country

Thompson-Morgan - Search Results for chempak
                  K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Thanks, I will have a look
                    Carrie

Comment

What if I used fish water?
                      I have read online 'Enrich the soil using organic fertilizers.For balanced nutrition, an organic fertilizer works best, but fish emulsion is another good option.'

Has anyone ever used it?
                      Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by esbo View Post
                        I bought a strawberry 'thing' (bit of root) from Poundland and looks likes neither of the roots is gonna grow, same as last year, so bit of a rip off?

Or am I doing something wrong?

What is the best way to grow? Seeds? Can' be any worse than the root things.

One of the roots looked in a lot better shape than what I got last year, but it looks like
                        they well never grown, been over a month easily and not a sign of life
                        If you are in West Yorkshire any time towards end of summer you are welcome to plenty free. I gave away lots last year and a hundred or so went on the fire.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X