• Show
Clear All

• Peaches in sunny Crewe, cheshire

not bad for a few pound bare root tree, i think from aldi
    Attached Files

Wow that's good now old is the tree.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

about 3 years old, producing trays and trays of peaches like this, I have thinned them by 50% to try and get better quality
      stew

Originally posted by Gina's plot View Post
      Wow that's good now old is the tree.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Do you spray it, or is it undercover?

Comment

Gosh- those look utterly delicious!!
          Well done
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I grow the peaches undercover in a Poly tunnel

Originally posted by chris View Post
            Do you spray it, or is it undercover?

Comment

Oh, I just had a deliciously ripe one fall at my feet from the tree that's grown up through the kiwi canopy. As I can't see anything through the massed overgrowth I didn't even know that any peaches had set this year. Its a round peach that I was sold as a flat one (Saturn) years ago. That made me so annoyed that I put it in a neglectable spot . . .

Comment

Those look so delicious! How I wish we have enough space here for peaches. Good job!

Comment

Well done Swaine, they look lovely. What variety are they as they resemble necterines rather than peaches. I bought a "Red Haven" peach tree from Aldi & the peaches were lighter in colour.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

many thanks, I am pretty sure they are fantasia peach, i have also the red haven peach from aldi , the peaches do seem lighter as you've noted
                    stewart

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    Well done Swaine, they look lovely. What variety are they as they resemble necterines rather than peaches. I bought a "Red Haven" peach tree from Aldi & the peaches were lighter in colour.

Comment

I grow mine in the gable end of an 8 foot X 6 foot greenhouse. Also a bare rooted plant from Aldi in a sunken pot.Takes up very little room and I've had masses of peaches the last couple of years.
                      To keep it in trim and hopefully get even more fruit I've been tying leaders to canes to try and develope a fan shape.
                      Just made some lovely peach jelly and still have another dozen or so peaches still on the tree.Mine is Red Haven I think.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Glad you got a good crop Snadge, I think last year you said yours was a Red Haven, it doesn't seem 2 minutes since we were last discussing this...........
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

My Aldi peach that I made such a fuss about..................died
                          The other one looks good - must move it into the GH for the winter

Comment

Originally posted by swaine View Post
                            not bad for a few pound bare root tree, i think from aldi
                            i got mine from the same place,about the same time,is yours a Red Haven too?,we should get a much better crop next year,if we get a "normal" summer,but well done you....enjoy..

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              My Aldi peach that I made such a fuss about..................died
                              The other one looks good - must move it into the GH for the winter
                              Apparently peaches are fully hardy, its just they flower at a time when its normally frosty and there are no pollinating insects about. Watch the rootball itself doesn't get frozen, even in a greenhouse. Mine is in a large pot burried up to its neck!
                              For some reason I got an apricot tree (a close relative) through the first year...........THEN it snuffed it!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X